Youth in the Cave is a unique after school activity in field of theatre and movement, that exposes young talents to the professional creative principles of the Farm in the Cave ensemble. During twenty classes participants develop body awareness, perception of a space around, individual-group interplay, and learn physical articulation and how to work with the aesthetics and rhythm of a movement. The activity will offer space and creative means to express their own ideas. The top of the program will is the premiere of an original production created by using the devised theatre method.
The classes will be led by Barbora Ješutová and Michaela Králiková, performers of the ensemble Farma v jeskyni. Guest lecturers will be: Hana Varadzinová - a singer, Eliška Vavříková - another performer, Markéta Hrehorová - a dramaturgist, musician Štěpán Janoušek and other members of the Farma v jeskyni ensemble. The original production will be directed by Viliam Dočolomanský, the artistic director of Farma v jeskyni.
What will the activity bring me?
Individual aspects of the work specific to the Farm in the Cave ensemble:
- Creation invovling movement, dance, voice, rhytmu and acting intentions.
- Development of creativity.
- Awareness of the body.
- Improvement of spatial perception.
- Articulation of ideas through the body.
- Aesthetics and rythm of the movement.
- Improved physical fitness.
- Interplay in a group and listening to others.
- A collective of peers with an interest in a theatre.
- The experience of the activity can support preparation for talent tests for art schools.
- Experience of creating an original production using the method of devised theatre. Which means collaboration of all participants under the guidance of director Viliam Dočolomanský.
The public premiere will take place in the DOX+ multifunctional hall at the DOX Centre for Contemporary Art.
When and where will the lessons take place?
Every Tuesday from 4 to 6 pm at the rehearsal room of the ensemble Farma v jeskyni, Poupětova 3, Prague 7.
The first lesson starts on 5. 3. 2024 and the activity ends with the premiere on 18. 6. 2024.
Who is the activity for?
Motivated people aged 13-17. The capacity of the activity is 20 participants.
How much does it cost?
The activity is free thanks to support received through the National Recovery Plan. However, due to the limited capacity of the activity, applicants will be selected based on their motivation to participate.
How can I sign up for the activity?
Applications can be submitted via this form until February 2, 2024. Twenty selected applicants will be notified of acceptance by February 9, 2024.
A mandatory part of the application is the uploading of a short video (2-3 minutes) in which the applicants introduce themselves using one or more artistic modalities (words, dance, movement, theatre or singing).
The Youth in the Cave project is supported by: